Make Your Own Cocktail at Vamp’s Bistro This Summer
Need an expertly blended and tasty cocktail to quench your thirst this summer? Want to learn how in an easy and fun way? Our bar is open and we have the mixology experts and the finest ingredients to help you make great cocktails!
The ‘how’ is easy – Arrive at Vamp’s Bistro and choose to ‘Make your Own Cocktail’ from the bar menu. As simple as that and you are good to go! Just be prepared to get your hands (and drinks) dirty…
Try out these tantalizing classic recipes, and add your own wild touches wherever you please. Or ask us…Vamp’s Bistro has unlimited recipes that you can recreate. We’ll give you the cocktails deconstructed – the elements and the apparatus. If you are more of a wine person, you can also mix some of that spirit into the cocktails you make.
Cocktail Recipes in a Nutshell
- Daiquiri: Easy-peasy with the barest of ingredients. This is your classic Hemingway-approved daiquiri. White rum, freshly squeezed lime juice and sugar is all you need. Rum has an exotic tropical-fruit flavour and an earthy note which is enhanced by the acidity of lime and sweetness of sugar.
- Gimlet: With a choice of gin or vodka and Rose’s lime juice or freshly squeezed lime juice, this smooth, dry and crisp beauty asks for a lot of big decisions at cocktail hour! Gin is light with the taste of junipers, and vodka offers a strong punch.
- Cool Cucumber: Blend cucumber with apple cider and delicious cranberry juice. And add gin for a very cool cucumber concoction! Light and refreshing, this is a tempting cocktail.
- Fizzy Lizzy: Add black raspberry liqueur with its sweet and sour notes to tequila and orange cognac blend for a mind-blowing cocktail that is both gentle and adventurous at the same time. Garnish the drink with fresh raspberries and raspberry sugar for an out-of-this-world impact.
- Taste of the Tropics: Think tropical with this frozen cocktail. The lovely nutty taste of coconut, rum and pineapple is combined in the right proportion for a sensational and appealing fruity drink.
- Mint Julep: Worthy of the Kentucky gentry, this drink, is refreshing and elegant. With the syrupy texture of bourbon that settles warmly. And a heavenly taste of mint that is summer’s respite.
- Gilligan’s Delight: Bold and daring, this drink combines bourbon with ginger-infused apple cider for a robust fruity twist.
- Frozen Water-berry Batida: This exotic cocktail tops the cachaça, a distilled spirit made from fresh sugarcane juice, with strawberries and watermelon, for a fresh and summery drink.
- Sex on the Beach: Combine the zingy cranberry juice and citrusy orange juice with some vodka and peach schnapps, and add lots and lots of ice to the mix. This drink tops the list for the most delicious cocktails.
- Mojito: Mojito is a traditional Cuban highball. Mint sprigs are muddled with sugar and lime juice. Rum is added and the glass is topped with soda water. The drink is garnished with a sprig of mint leaves.